With regard to two Blasts Attacks in Bali and Manado, two provinces in Indonesia, which took place on Saturday night 12 of October 2002, and took at least 182 lives, we the undersigned convey the following statements:
- We express our deeply sympathy to the victims and the family of the victims. May God guide them to accept the tragedy and be strong spiritually.
- We condemn the attack as a crime against humanity which have been done by irresponsible party with a purpose to create unsafe and disturbed condition in Indonesia.
- We call upon the government of Indonesia and the related officers to immediately investigate this tragedy until those parties who should be responsible can be brought in front of justice.
- We ask all people in Indonesia to stay calm, alert and not to provoke with this tragedy.
- We call upon the government of Indonesia to improve their alertness, military system, and intelligent ability to avoid similar tragedy would repeat in the future.
May God gives His blessings and guidelines to the government of Indonesia and to all Indonesian people to be patient, work hard, faithful to God, and be grateful to God, so that we all can get through life in harmony and peace in order to establish Indonesia as a peaceful, safe and secure country.
London, 14 October 2002
CHAIRMAN OF PPIUK
CHAIRMAN OF PIP-PK UK
CHAIRMAN OF NU-UK