reality: n. something to be tampered with only after several cups of coffee.
- Always store roasted coffee beans in a sealed container. Do not store in refrigerator or freezer.—–Shelf life is about two weeks for roasted beans.
- Use the correct coffee/water ratio.—–The standard coffee ratio is 2 level teaspoons per 6 ounces of water.
- Start with freshly roasted coffee.—–Without reservation, freshly roasted coffee provides for a smooth, rich flavor.
- Grind the beans just prior to brewing.—–The flavor and aroma are released at this point.
- Make sure the pot is very clean.—–Residues of soap, hard water or old oils may adversely affect the taste of your brew.
- Use good tasting water.—–Bottled water works great!
- For the best coffee flavor, filter with nonreactive metal or glass.—–Use a stainless steel or gold mesh filter, a vacuum-style pot or an expresso maker.
- Drink your freshly brewed coffee right away.—–Don’t let the rich flavor of freshly brewed coffee go to waste!